Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 3: Outside of Class

This weekend outside of class, I worked on my wireframe sketches for my website. I also read all of the assigned readings, and mostly took favor in the book, because the different styles of websites are very inspiring and help my to figure out what kinds of styles I would like to include in my own website.


Wireframes:

For these wireframes, I oriented my design toward a more modern approach to accommodate the theme, which is white space in this particular wireframe set. I still wanted to maintain photos in each layout, since I feel that imagery is important for the Farm Show website because it is a family and farmer-oriented event.





Here, I experimented a little bit with my layout. Since there are a lot of prize ribbons given out to competitive exhibitors, I kept that in mind while designing my navigation bar. My only problem here is the fact that I would run out of space in the mobile version, which could be solved by making it into a hide/reveal navigation bar in the mobile version. There would also be an image slider covering the entire page above the fold, which would mean that it would be a parallax scroll website.




Lastly, for these wireframes I still kept with the imagery since I feel that it is an important part of this website. I also utilized the hamburger icon once again to save space in the mobile and tablet versions. I am still not sure how the menu will appear yet, but I am thinking about some sort of vertical appearance, especially in the mobile version.



No comments:

Post a Comment