Saturday, April 25, 2015

Shoot First, Ask Questions Later

Back in March, a bunch of us design students from Millersville went to a talk at York College called "Shoot First, Ask Questions Later" by Ken Barber. He works for House Industries, which has been noticed by Warner Brothers, Jimmy Kimmel, Autorama, and even the creators of the show "Powerpuff Girls" for their unique typefaces. They are unique in their process because they still draw out the letters  several times before they will make them digital. He firmly believes in stepping away from the computer every once in a while and do things by hand, which I found to be very inspiring because I have found that it clears my mind to just sit and sketch things out before rendering them on my computer. That way I'm not immediately faced with the constraints of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment